Morocco is a North African country bordering the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea, it is distinguished by its Berber, Arabian and European cultural influences.
Morocco borders Algeria to the east and southeast, Western Sahara to the south, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, and the Mediterranean Sea to the north. It is the only African country with coastal exposure to both the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. Its area excluding the territory of Western Sahara, which Morocco controls is slightly larger than the U.S. state of California. Two small Spanish enclaves, Ceuta and Melilla, are situated on the country’s northern coast.
FACTS ABOUT MOROCCO
- OFFICIAL NAME: Kingdom of Morocco
- FORM OF GOVERNMENT: Constitutional monarchy
- CAPITAL: Rabat
- POPULATION: 34,314,130
- OFFICIAL LANGUAGES: Arabic, Berber dialects, French
- MONEY: Moroccan Dirham
- AREA: 172,000 square miles (447,000 square kilometers)
- MAJOR MOUNTAIN RANGES: Atlas, Rif
- MAJOR RIVERS: Draa
In the real sense, the name “Morocco” conjures up images of large portions of deserts, fascinating coastlines, rugged mountains and rocks. But that is just a tip of the larger iceberg. Seated between two major oceans – the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean which cuts through the Strait of Gibraltar, Morocco offers travellers a peep into some of the carefully preserved vestiges of the North African civilisation.
If you desire the truly perfect vacation that offers both adventure and magic, a trip to the undulating ambience of Morocco should be on your list. From cultural masterpieces spanning centuries to social thrills, Morocco offers all the excitements in one basket.
But where exactly in Morocco are you likely to ask for an encore as a first-timer? In no particular order, here are five top must – see places in Morocco:
ACTIVITIES TO DO IN MOROCCO:
- Take a city break in style in a marakesh riad
- Photograph the fames blue alleys in chefchaouen
- Sleep under the stars at erg chebbi
- Hike on jebel toubkal
- Shop amid the medina in fes
- Treat yourself to a traditional spa break
- Relax on the beach at Agadir
- Book a camel trek to the dunes of erg chigaga
- Explore the colorful alley ways of moulay idriss
- Shop at the souks in marakesh
- Take a road trip to Tizi and Test
- 12.Have a romantic dinner at agafe desert