Egypt is a transcontinental country spanning the northeast corner of Africa and southwest corner of Asia via a land bridge formed by the Sinai peninsula. It is bordered by the Mediterranean sea to the north and the Gaza strip of Palestine and Israel to the north east ,the Red sea to the east, Sudan to the south,and Libya to the west. The Gulf of Aqaba in the northeast separates Egypt from Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
Cairo the capital and largest city of egypt, while Alexandrai, the second-largest city, is an important industrial and tourist hub at the Mediterranean coast at approximately 100 million inhabitants, Egypt is the 14th most populated countries in the world.
With a fascinating history that reaches back to the dawn of civilization, Egypt is considered the oldest travel destination on earth. The African nation’s awe-inspiring temples and pyramids have captured the imagination of travelers for thousands of years.
Although most people come to Egypt to view its ancient monuments, natural attractions beckon travelers too. The Red Sea coast is known for its coral reefs and beach resorts. A trek through the Sahara can lead visitors to refreshing freshwater spring oasis.
Since the revolution in 2011 and the ongoing counter-revolution, tourists have fled Egypt to a large extent. This has created an opportunity for unique experiences of places in Egypt to visit without the crowds. Finding yourself alone inside a pyramid is now a real possibility.
Cities you can visit in Egypt are :
- Giza necropolis
- Share el sheikh
- Siwa oasis
Beautiful beaches in Egypt:
- Fjord Bay Taba
- Ras Abu galoum beach (dahad)
- Nuweiba beach
- Ras um sid beach (sharm el sheikh)
- El Gouna beach
- Sahl Hasheesh beach (hurghada)
- Sharm ell lilies beach (marsa Alam)
- Agiba beach
- Soma bay
- 10.Mahmya island
Activities to do in Egypt:
- Animal Care, Luxor – Volunteer
- Hurghada – Go Scuba Diving
- Giza – Learn To Make Papyrus
- Egyptian Museums – Take A Guided Tour
- Islamic Cairo – Shop For Leather, Jewels, And Perfumes
- Giza – Go Camel Riding At Sunset
- Royal Jewelry Museum – Marvel At Unique Jewels
- Corniche, Alexandria – Take A Leisurely Walk
- Zawiyyet al-Mayyiteen – Explore The City Of The Dead
- Mt. Sinai – Hike To The Top
- Khan El-Khalili Bazaar – Buy Souvenirs
- Djoser Pyramid – Explore Earth’s Oldest Stone-cut Monument
- Karnak Temples– Pay Your Respects To The Pharaohs
- The Nile – Sail On A Lit River Cruise
- Abu Simbel Temples – Take A Day Tour
- Heracleion – Dive To The Lost City Under The Sea
- Malkata Palace – Discover Secrets Of Amenhotep’s Kingdom
- Siwa Oasis – Experience Berber Culture
- Tamr Hena Museum – Witness Egypt’s Creative Side
- Al-Andalus Garden – Take A Stroll